4.02.2008

I'm a sucker...

... for marketing. As an advertising professional, I should be savvy to blatant attempts by marketers to win my loyalty - the obvious faux-cool facebook friend-ing requests, the free schwag given out at Sundance, the 'by invitation only' parties thrown at Coachella (which, when you get there, are packed to the gills). Anyone with half a brain in our cynical 21st century recognizes marketing for what it is: a shallow attempt to get something without giving too much in return (great brands, like Apple, excepted).

But as my friends can attest, I'm pretty shallow myself. So when an invite for the "Tanqueray Style Sessions: An Evening of Art, Fashion, and Music" landed in my inbox - well of course, I accepted, went, and will now probably become a loyal Tanqueray drinker. I have to admit, a Tanqueray No. 10 martini is pretty damn good, even when it's served in a cheap plastic cup.





Plus my friend Terry got to meet Tony Sinclair - I'm not sure why that's a big deal, but apparently, according to Terry, it is.

No comments: