4.03.2008

Interactivity Takes to the Streets


(photo credit: Damon Castroviejo, via Flickr)

I don't know if this campaign is 'seeded' in other cities, but for some reason the SF Bay Area seems to be Media Market Number One for the Forgetting Sarah Marshall 'viral' campaign - an UBER ANNOYING attempt to make me think that there's something clever coming to a theater near me, via slightly misogynistic billboards with scrawled missives towards the poor character of the movie's title (real-life Sarah Marshalls, apparently, totally disregarded).

/Film.com, while misguidedly calling the campaign 'brilliant', has the scoop on the actually brilliant backlash - someone out there is as annoyed as I am.

It got me to wondering, has today's digital age - enabling anyone to comment on the commentary in virtual time - influenced our offline behavior? Street graffiti in reaction to its environment is, of course, nothing new (see Banksy, et al.), but lately, I've been noticing a lot more subversive detournement and offline comments on the commentary...

(via Wooster Collective)


(via Wired)

No comments: